When can you deliver this project? Before you answer that question, ask a few questions yourself:
- is there a sponsor?
- has the budget been approved?
- solution designed?
- vendor selected?
What you’re trying to communicate by asking a few questions is:
- A project sponsor is critical to success;
- Without a budget, you can’t start, and that you need a budget!
- Who can you get on your team?
- How fast you can deliver is dependent on the quality and performance of your team.
Estimating a project deadline is dependent on various factors, is a complex endeavour, and you need some time to produce a good estimate.